Welcome to Random Harvest, our beautiful Muldersdrift accommodation. Farm style countryside cottages which offer our guests a unique and cosy stay.
Whether you are here to have a fun filled adventure or a peaceful, intimate romantic getaway – Our guesthouse will provide you with everything you need.
Johannesburg and Magaliesburg are both accessible from our farm, with each area offering its own exceptional attractions. There are many amazing attractions in Gauteng.
If you are looking for things to do in Magaliesburg then take a look at all your options and choose between something adventurous or something more peaceful.
Things to do in Magaliesburg
• Magaliesburg Canopy Tour
- A 2km 4x4 trip will take you up to the top of the Magaliesburg mountain where you will start your zipline adventure.
- Take a 2.5-hour trip along the Ziplines that take you through the majestic Ysterhout Kloof
- Learn about the unique ecosystem that surrounds this particular area
- Enjoy a light meal after your adventure and receive a certificate in honour of your bravery
Photo Credit - Hartbeespoort Info
• Magalies wild forest walk
- Take a safe, easy walk through the forest of a wild game farm where you can get in touch with nature without breaking much of a sweat
- Possibly get to see several species including impala, ostrich, zebra, kudu and warthog
- Choose from several available trails
• Valley Spa
- A modern, spacious spa that provides you with the full spa experience
- Unwind in the jacuzzi or detox in the indoor heated mineral pool
- Enjoy a hot stone massage or a poolside pedicure
Things to do in Johannesburg
Fortunately, the Random Harvest Guesthouse is a short 30min drive from Johannesburg making it the perfect accommodation for those wanting to stay in the country but still have the city accessible.
Below is a list of fun things to do in Johannesburg for guests wanting to experience the culture of the city:
• Locrate Market in Soweto
- Experience the true culture of Soweto with live music, craft beer and even poetry readings
- Witness the resilient efforts of South Africa’s entrepreneurs
• Grab a ride on a “Tuk-tuk”
- A fun, safe and environmentally friendly way to move around the bustling city streets
- Cover short distances in an affordable way while you enjoy the friendliness of your local driver
Take a paddle out on Zoo lake
o Take along some bread crumbs and feed the ducks while you take a relaxed paddle out onto the lake
• Amazing mazes (only about 3km from Random Harvest, in Honeydew)
- Life size mazes to run through, made from seasonal plantations
- Secret gardens and mind-blogging quizzes and games
- For adults and children alike
Adrenaline packed activities at Orlando towers
o Bungee jumping, abseiling, paintballing, rock climbing and power swinging
o All in one location
Things to do when staying at Random Harvest Guest House Accommodation Muldersdrift
If you choose to stay at the Random Harvest Guesthouse, then fear not as there are many things to do in Muldersdrift. Go on some adventures and spoil yourself to an authentic meal at one of the many Muldersdrift restaurants.
• Abseil into the Wonder caves
- Put on all your safety gear and take an 18 meter abseil into one of South Africa’s most significant heritage sights
- Believed to be a 2.2-year-old cave system which covers 46 000 square meters
- Marvel at the incredible rock formations, some of which are 15 meters high
• Game Drive in Heia Safari Game Reserve
- Take a 1.5 hour guided game drive and possibly witness 22 different species of game
- Admire the sight of Rhinos, giraffes, kudus, wildebeest and impala
- 176 different species of birds
- Picnic cooler box provided on request
• Hot air ballooning with AirVentures
- Witness the landscapes from a unique perspective
- Gently float over the Cradle of Humankind (UNESCO world heritage site)
- Fly over private nature reserves and experience the wild African landscapes
• Famous Gilroys Beer brewery
- Enjoy the taste of carefully crafted beer and hear the unique story of each brew
- Sit down for a delectable, diverse meal
- Family friendly
For more information about our accommodation in Muldersdrift, please contact us.
*Photo credit - Nightjar Magazine